All we want to do is build a profitable freelance business, right? We want a business that gives us the freedom we’ve always craved, the chance to work with amazing clients, and the opportunity to earn an unlimited income.
We want a business that gives us the freedom we’ve always craved, the chance to work with amazing clients, and the opportunity to earn an unlimited income.
It’s easy to say out loud, but far more difficult in practice.
I’ve laid this framework out in a step-by-step format that takes you seamlessly from one stage to the next. Essentially it’s a system you can plug into place to take your business from stagnant to successful.
I’m going to talk a little more about the unique nature of Creative Freelancing Freedom in a moment, but first I want to share the four steps to building a profitable freelance business.
These aren’t just steps I’ve pulled from thin air. They are the steps that took me from my lowest point in 2015 to now, where I’ve created a successful business with quadruple the income from my full-time position and way more freedom than I ever thought imaginable.
Before we dive in, I want you to imagine:
- What it would be like to wake up on a Monday morning and feel majorly excited about the day ahead (ya’know, jumping out of bed and raring to go)
- What it would feel like doing something you love every single day (without ever having to go back to a job you hate)
- What your life would look like if you earned twice as much and worked half the time
Sounds pretty good, right?
And, while it might seem like a pipedream now as you hustle hard each month to land enough work, it’s something that can easily become a reality.
Like it did for me. Like it did for the 100 freelancers I’ve helped build and grow their businesses.
“Uh, sure – get to the good stuff!” I hear you yell.
The 4 Steps of a Profitable Freelance Business
I’ve talked about these steps time and time again, but it’s not just because I’ve run out of things to say. It’s because they are so important. Without them, you have no business – or, at least, you’ll have a sucky business, and ain’t nobody got time for that.
Let’s hit the nail on the head.
1. Your Freelancing Foundations
Before you start working on the other parts of your business that we’ll go over in a moment, you need to have the basics in place. That includes:
- Making sure you’re legal and working within the law in your country (this is non-negotiable, by the way!)
- Setting goals for yourself and your business so you know exactly where you’re going and how you can get there
- What your business is all about – what will you name it? What values will it stand for?
- Managing your time (especially if you’re freelancing on the side of a day job while you get things going)
Laying down solid foundations set you up to create a profitable freelance business – ergo, they’re absolutely vital.
Without these, you’ll be flailing around grabbing any which client who so much as looks in your direction (not a good thing, by the way).
Freelancing Foundations is the first module in Creative Freelancing Freedom, and I’ll walk you through each of these steps so you can feel confident that you’ve got the basics covered.
2. Creating Irresistible Services
Step number two in the unique 4-step framework is creating a set of irresistible services that clients literally can’t say no to.
Knowing what you’re selling and who you’re selling to is absolutely vital if you want a to create a profitable freelance business. I can’t stress this enough!
This step involves finding out what your target clients actually need (not what you think they need) and crafting a service that full-on solves their biggest problem or pain point.
A lot of freelancers make the mistake of throwing up a whole bunch of services in the hope that someone, somewhere, will find something they want or need.
But you know what this leads to?
Confusion for both your potential clients and you. Which, in turn, translates into no sales and, ergo, no business. Yikes.
In module 2 of Creative Freelancing Freedom, we’ll dig really deep into your services, and I’ll show you a really simple way you can create a set of offerings that 100% resonate with the amazing clients you want to work with and will have them lining up around the block.
By the end of this module, you’ll have:
- A deeper understanding of who you want to work with and where to find them
- A foolproof system for uncovering what your clients ACTUALLY need (there’s absolutely no guesswork involved here)
- A set of services that you KNOW your clients absolutely can’t say no to
- A concrete message that shows clients why YOU’RE the freelancer they need (and why they should pay more for your services)
Enroll on Creative Freelancing Freedom right now to start creating your irresistible services.
3. Capturing and Converting Clients
The next step in the framework is using the services you’ve set up and the profile of your target client and where to find them to actually find clients and land work.
During this stage of the framework, you need to be identifying where you can find and connect with your target client, and figure out how you can speak to them in a way that makes them want to hire you ASAP pronto.
But it doesn’t stop there.
A profitable freelance business doesn’t end when the client has been detected and convinced to buy.
It goes waaaaay beyond on that. Puh-lease.
If you want to create a sustainable freelance business, you need to provide an experience for your clients (a good one, obviously), and that involves providing a structured approach to actually discussing the work, carrying it out, and providing after-project support.
We’re talking things like contracts, welcome packets, ending packets, asking for referrals, submitting work, and everything in between – ya’know, all those things that take place after you’ve landed a client.
Module 3 in Creative Freelancing Freedom offers a play-by-play system for capturing and converting clients.
Trust me, I know that finding clients and getting them to invest in your services in the hardest part about being a freelancer (we’ve all been there), but I’ve got 3 nifty techniques you can use to land high-quality clients every single week (and there’s not a content mill in sight, yo!).
By the end of the module, you’ll have:
- 3 unique and incredibly successful ways to find profitable clients (bye-bye content mills and job boards!)
- A plan for attracting high-quality clients so you don’t constantly have to be on the hunt (because that’s what we’re trying to avoid here)
- Plug and play guides for networking, pitching, and blogging, the three cornerstones of any successful freelancing business
- A high-converting website that sells your services on autopilot (so you can spend more time reading, writing, travelling, and with family)
Enroll on Creative Freelancing Freedom right now to get your step-by-step client-landing system in place ASAP pronto.
4. Mastering Your Marketing
The word marketing fills us all with dread (unless, of course, you’re a freelancer marketer – in which case, hats off to you!), but it really doesn’t have to be as difficult or as complicated as the “gurus” make out.
In fact, it can actually be quite fun, can you believe it?!
And, ya’know, it’s pretty vital if you want to stay in business for more than a month (extremely vital if you want to create a profitable freelance business – but you don’t need me to tell you that right?!)
The last step of the framework comes after you’ve got everything else together.
- Laid down the foundations
- Created a set of irresistible services
- Identified where you can reach the people you want to help with these irresistible services
You have everything in place to get a successful marketing strategy together. All the information you’ve gathered from the last few steps finally comes together to create something magical – your marketing system.
In module 4 of Creative Freelancing Freedom, we’ll focus solely on putting together a high-converting, non-time-consuming marketing strategy that’ll bring you new leads every single week.
By the end of the module, you’ll have:
- The rock-solid foundations of your marketing strategy in place so you’re ready to create a system that brings in clients and money every single month
- A marketing blueprint and a month-by-month plan for growth (forget about stagnating, we’re all about success here!)
- A failsafe system you can tap into whenever the work runs thin so you can boost your income and get back on track overnight
Get yourself enrolled in Creative Freelancing Freedom now and start building your high-converting marketing strategy (it’s SO much easier than you think with my simple, straightforward system).
There you have it. The 4-step framework for a profitable freelance business, all put together into a step-by-step system in Creative Freelancing Freedom so you can work through each stage to build a business you’ve always dreamed of.
Now, this course is a little different to the other freelancing courses you’ll find out there.
Because it’s an actionable system, not a set of blog posts put together.
Each lesson teaches you the next step in the process, complete with actionable workbooks, playbook guides, videos, examples, and drag and drop templates.
There’s One More Thing That Makes a Profitable Freelance Business
Alongside the 4-step framework, there’s one other thing that makes a profitable freelance business, and that’s support.
Support from fellow freelancers; support to keep you accountable; support from people who’ve been there and done it.
This is a HUGE part of Creative Freelancing Freedom. When you join, you’ll get instant access to the community Facebook group where you can ask any question about the course content or freelancing in general.
We’ll also have monthly masterclasses on topics you need the most help with, monthly challenges to keep you accountable and moving forward, and virtual co-working days so we can all work towards our goals.
This course is one of a kind! It’s been a long time in the making, but it will help you create a profitable freelance business in no time at all.
So tell me…
Are you ready to create that profitable freelance business I know you’re capable of creating?
Join us! We’re waiting for you on the other side 😉