This is such an exciting time! Launch Your Life as a Freelance Writer went on sale yesterday and it’s already proving to be a hit with freelancers! If you want to skip the small talk and get started right away, head over here.
In the meantime, if you’re sitting on the fence here’s a sample lesson from the course.
Nail Down Your Niche and Target Client
Becoming a successful freelancer is difficult if you’re trying to serve everyone all the time.
Does this sound like you:
- You try to have as many fingers in as many pies so you don’t lose out on work
- You don’t really have a preference when it comes to what you write about
- You struggle to get people excited about your words because you simply don’t know who exactly you’re talking to
SO many new freelancers struggle with these things (heck, I struggled with them for a long old time!).
And guess what? While it might sound scary honing down your expertise and pool of potential clients, it’s so much better for your business in the long run.
- Because you can laser-focus your marketing efforts
- So you can put systems in place for onboarding (and saying no) to prospects
- Because you can focus your expertise and earn more money (that’s right, people who write about specialist subjects get a name for themselves and can therefore earn more money)
This sample lesson that’s a part of Module 2 in Launch Your Life as a Freelancer walks you through the process of HOW you can figure out your niche.
- Why it’s important to have a niche (and a target client)
- Things to consider when you’re deciding on a niche and a target client (and what questions to ask yourself to figure it out)
- How to pin point your target client
- An example Ideal Client Profile (ICP)
- 3 worksheets that help you figure out your niche, your target client, and your brand message
By the end of this lesson alone, you’ll know who you need to target your marketing efforts towards, what kinds of brands to pitch your services to, and how to present yourself to prospects online and in real life.
This lesson is invaluable in helping you become a successful freelancer with a consistent pool of clients and a blossoming career ahead of you.
Each lesson in Launch Your Life as a Freelancer starts with a set of aims that you’ll achieve by the end.
Each lesson also includes an introduction to the topic, a 10+ page workbook with examples and screenshots, and a worksheet and task that you can action immediately while the knowledge is still fresh in your mind.
The modules are laid out in a way that will guide you through the process of becoming a freelancer step-by-step (no overwhelm or confusion here!).
Here’s the curriculum:
Module One: The Early Days
Lesson 1 – What You Need to Know About Becoming a Freelance Writer
Lesson 2 – What Kind of Writing is For You?
Lesson 3 – How to Set Income and Professional Goals
Lesson 4 – Getting Set Up As a Freelance Writer (we’re talking taxes, self-employed status, and desk space!)
+ 3 bonus videos:
- 5 Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Started Freelancing
- 5 Ways to Make Your Writing Stand Out
- 5 Ways to Create a Peaceful Work Space
Module Two: Your Space, Your Voice
Lesson 5 – Getting Your Own Space on the Internet
Lesson 6 – Nail Down Your Niche and Your Target Client
Lesson 7 – Finding the Right Words For Your Website
Lesson 8 – Creating a Portfolio From Scratch
Lesson 9 – How to Craft Personalised Pitches that Convert Like Crazy
Lesson 10 – How to Figure Out Your Pricing
+ 2 bonus videos:
- 5 Things You DON’T Need on Your Website
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Creating a GREAT Portfolio
Module Three: Where to Find Work
Lesson 11 – How to Master Jobs Boards
Lesson 12 – Content Mills: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Lesson 13 – Setting Up Your Bio on Jobs Sites
Lesson 14 – Putting Yourself Out There (we’re talking WHERE to find clients and HOW to send them proposals)
Lesson 15 – Getting Social (we’re talking HOW to utilise social media to land awesome clients)
Module Four: Up, Up, And Away
Lesson 16 – The Budding Client-Writer Relationship
Lesson 17 – How to Deal With Difficult Clients
Lesson 18 – How to Get Ongoing Work Via Referrals and Testimonials
Lesson 19 – How to Get Ongoing Work Via Marketing
Lesson 20 – How to Find a Well of Inspiration and Avoid Burnout
BONUS lesson 21 – Levelling-Up Your Freelance Business
+ 2 bonus videos:
- 3 Things to do to Nurture a Healthy Client Relationship
- 5 Ways to Make the Most of Testimonials
Are you ready to launch your life as a freelancer?!
Are you ready?!
Ready to launch your life as a freelancer? Grab your starter pack, which includes a workbook, getting-started guide, and a list of 6 places you can start finding freelance work RIGHT NOW!